|Students will develop their language skills in leaps and bounds with Katzensprung, a three-level course for secondary students. Researched and written by teachers, the course is comprehensive and practical, providing a wealth of language and cultural activities to cater for students’ different learning styles.|
Katzensprung 1 is designed for students new to German. Students will get to know Andreas, Julia, Patrick and Sabrina, a group of teenage friends living in the town of Epe.
Katzensprung 1: Textbook
By Pauline Rogan and Frauke Hoffmann
|Each of the eight chapters feature:
- Learn how to - specific learning outcomes stated clearly at the beginning of each chapter.
- Jetzt sprechen wir! - short, guided oral drills present a step-by-step guide to the key language points of the chapter. Photos, illustrations and realia encourage students to practise new language patterns.
- Photo-stories - students can identify with the adventures of a group of Year 8 teenagers at a school in the north west of Germany. The photo-stories reinforce the language introduced in each chapter.
- Sprechen macht SpaB! - lively, interactive speaking tasks encourage students to use their language with increasing independence.
- Spielen macht SpaB! - language skills are further consolidated through a variety of topic-based games for pairs, groups or the whole class.
- GruBe aus Deutschland! - a cultural section affords students an insight into everyday life in German-speaking countries.
- So ist es einfach! - a clearly structured overview of grammar points located at the end of the chapter.
- Neue Worter - German/English topic-based vocabulary lists. Vocabulary is colour-coded and close to relevant texts for quick reference.
- So sagt man das! - a guided pronunciation practice.
- Landeskunde/Lerntipp/Checkliste - brief points of culture, grammar or reference on each page.
- Text types - authentic texts include: letter, email, recipe, brochure, sign and poem.
|ISBN: 978 1 74085 000 1|
|Publisher: Pearson Languages|
|List Price $48.95 (AUD)|
136pp - Paperback