Heinemann Queensland Science Project: Biology - A Contextual Approach is written specifically to support the Queensland Biology syllabus. An innovative layout and design makes the textbook easy and stimulating for students to use.
- an Australian context with an emphasis on Queensland examples and case studies
- comprehensive biology with an underlying holistic approach that allows schools to develop programs which readily cover the key concepts and key ideas of the new syllabus
- clear explanations of concepts in language students can understand
- student friendly, easy-to-follow layout including clearly structured sections
- innovative, stimulating design with clear unambiguous features
- full colour throughout
- relevant, high interest material that draws on student interest and experience, and features current applications of biology and the surrounding issues
- clearly marked extension material covering the very latest advanced in biology.
Biology - A Contextual Approach Student Activity Manual is written to support Biology - A Contextual Approach and the Biology syllabus. The activities integrate with the textbook and provide activities that cover the Key Concepts and Key Ideas of the syllabus.
- over 60 activities offering a wide range of achievable and reliable activities
- activities that place biology in a broader context by linking key concepts and ideas from different parts of the course
- activities that encourage students to think about broader applications of a concept, and the issues and consequences associated with biology
- provides students with the opportunity to develop the skills detailed under Investigating Biologically
- provides students with opportunities to engage with current biological issues as detailed under Evaluating Biological Issues
- assessment opportunities, particularly in categories of extended experimental investigations and non-experimental investigations as described in the syllabus
- activities involving collection and analysis of both quantitative and qualitative data
- activities involving the use of second-hand data - both quantitative and qualitative
- quality questions and further points of investigation to further support the key features of the syllabus
- caters for a variety of ability levels and learning styles
- involves appropriate use of ICT where possible.
eBiology Student CD
- full copy of student manual
- interactive tutorial
- ICT support for proctical activities
- catalogue of living things.
Teacher's Resource and Assessment Disk
- assessment advice
- practical and safety advice
- course outlines
- answers to all textbook questions
- test item bank
- full copy of the equivalent eLearning Student CD.